My boyfriend and I are looking into our first place, like actual mortgage grown-up kind of place. I could’ve cried when I realized it was actually do-able. I told everybody I wasn’t going to get carried away, just in case, but immediately built my decor shopping list and thought about what I wanted each room to be.
My best friend asked me if I know how much of a lunatic I am. Is it normal to get 10 steps ahead of yourself and start looking at interior design? I know girls who are nowhere near having their own places that lust over houses on Pinterest. With that said, if you want to waste some time daydreaming (or buying more stuff for your current living situation) here are my favorite websites for affordable but chic decor…
1. Urban Outfitters : is the go-to place if you want a positive, hippy vibe in your home. From nature inspired prints to customizable lightboxes – you’ll find something that will help to make your place a little different. My pick of the moment is the crescent moon mirror. It’s still in my shopping cart, I just need to get brave enough to click checkout. Visit Urban Outfitters
2. H&M Home: is super affordable. It’s the best place to start building a room’s vibe. Start with the super-affordable accents and mix in some investment pieces to create a luxurious look. I’m loving the Enjoy Today cushion cover, it’s so inexpensive but will bring any sofa or bed to life. Visit H&M Home
3. Nordstrom: is often thought of as a more luxurious shopping space, but you can find some amazing affordable pieces there if you look hard enough. This minimalistic Kate Spade cushion will look chic wherever you put it. Visit Nordstrom
4. Furbish Studio: is great for quirky, bold and vibrant pieces. Invest in something colorful to bring your place to life, bold and beautiful is so on-trend. The Geometric Nesting Bowls are perfect for eating cereal (or ice cream) out of, every girl needs something quirky in her kitchen! Visit Furbish Studio
5.Etsy: is my favorite place to go for one-off pieces. If you want decor that makes people truly envious, get the stuff they can’t find on the high-street. There is something for everybody, but at the moment I’m coveting these Marble Ring Dishes. Beautiful. Visit Etsy
7. Barneys: has some seriously beautiful (and expensive!) pieces, so it takes a little searching to find those affordable yet chic things. You’ll be able to find modern opulence here, because there’s so much variety! I seriously love this Jars Karo vase. Imagine a stem or two sticking out of it and you’ve got a beautiful window set up. Visit Barneys
8. One King’s Lane: is every amateur interior designer’s best friend. I want everything. I never knew how much I needed an 18-Kt Rose Gold Plated Oyster Shell before, but I’m imagining that all my loose earrings would look amazing gathered inside. Visit One King’s Lane
9. Lulu & Georgia: is the best place to go if you want to find chic and cheerful home accessories. They even have a collaboration with Cupcakes & Cashmere at the moment. Where else would you be able to buy a doormat that says Squad Only? Visit Lulu & Georgia.