It is day 4 of our #careergirlchallenge already. If you haven’t started yet, don’t worry, because it is never too late to start! Every day one member of our team shares her personal experience, a health tip, and more information about the CGD workouts!
UPDATE DAY 4
O, holy day of rest, how we love you! Today I started with the yoga workout that Celina posted yesterday (find it here!). After the quick breakfast it was time for the usual: bath, getting ready and off to work.
We had a health day at work today (YAY!), so for my snack I had a smoothie and fruits, which was absolutely perfect with this warm weather. I am a frittata addict, so the rest of the morning was me looking forward to eating my lunch haha. I even had to share some with my colleagues since they were drooling over it.
I just came home and the first thing I did was meditate and made a recap of my day (try it, it is really deliberating). My flatmate (best flatmate ever!), is making the whole grain pasta at the moment and I can already smell that is going to be good!
After dinner, I will just relax in my lavender bath before I am off to bed and day 4 of the challenge is officially over for me. I can’t wait to start working out tomorrow again after a day of rest and, of course, for the weekend to begin!
4 days down girls, and 26 to go!
HEALTH TIP OF THE DAY!
If you want to destress and have a good preparation before bed, soak in a hot bath and put a few drops of lavender essential oil. Play classical or meditation music while you bathe to unwind further.
CGD WORKOUT DAY 4
DAY 5 – 20 Squats – 20 Burpees – 20 High Knees
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and your arms hanging down by your side
- Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees and pushing your body weight into your heels
- As you are lowering into the squat, raise out your arms in front of you for more balance
- Keep a neutral spine at all times and never let your knees go over your toes
- The lower body should be parallel with the floor and your chest should be lifted at all times not rounded.
- Pause for a second and then lift yourself back up into the starting position
20 High Knees
- Stand straight with the feet hip-width apart, looking straight ahead and arms hanging down by your side.
- Jump from one foot to the other at the same time lifting your knees as high as possible
- Let your arms follow this motion
Don’t forget to subscribe to our newsletter!