It is week 2 of the challenge and we begin this week with a day of rest. I am still really excited about this challenge and this week’s food schedule got me all excited, what do you girls think about it? And how did your first week go? Keep us up-to-date with your health story and comment below or on our Facebook!
Advertisement – Continue reading below
My day so far:
Breakfast 9 PM:
I ate my breakfast at the office. I made the scrambled eggs just before I went to work but had no time to eat it at home (like always haha).
Lunch 13:30 PM:
For lunch, I had the Power Salad from the food schedule, which was really good! On hot Summer days, salads are definitely the best meals to have.
Snack 3 PM:
I forgot my snack, so I went to the supermarket to get myself some Watermelon slices (my favorite!).
Dinner 9.00 PM:
Just like Saturday I don’t feel like eating a lot. These hot days just make me want to eat fruits, popsicles and to drink a lot of water. For dinner, I ate a bowl of grapes and I will make a smoothie a little bit later before I go to bed. Normally I eat a lot, so this hot weather really does crazy things to me haha.
I love a day of rest! Although I didn’t start with yoga this morning, after this post I will end my day peacefully with it. It is nice to have a mindful day between all those busy- and workout days, so I fully enjoy it. So, I will switch off my phone, put my laptop away and enjoy a little me-time in the garden.
HEALTH TIP OF THE DAY
LOVE YOUR BROCCOLI
Broccoli is probably one of the underrated vegetables but is good for a lot of things. Pick any life-threatening disease and broccoli might help you beat it, some scientists believe. The best way to keep all the good vitamins and disease-fighting benefits in the broccoli is to steam it.
WORKOUT TIPS DAY 9
- Start in the press-up position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight onto your forearms and make sure it is not on your hands.
- Your body should be in a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
- To engage your core, suck your belly button into your spine.
- Hold this position for 60 seconds.
- Hoist yourself up onto a bench, chair or step as long as it is stable and secure to take your body weight.
- Hands should be shoulder-width apart, your fingers facing forward and the elbows pointing backward with a slight bend in the elbows.
- Legs out in front of you with a slight bend in the knees.
- In a slow motion, lower your body until your shoulder joints are below your elbows.
- Push yourself back up until your elbows are almost straight but make sure that you do not lock them out.
- Get into the press-up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart and straight arms
- Your body should be in a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Lift your right foot off the floor and raise your knee as close to your chest as you can
- Return into the starting position and repeat with your left leg
- Repeat for 25 times
Enjoy your Monday evening girls and see you tomorrow!
xx the CGD team