Make-up for the office completely depends on the kind of industry you’re working in. It’s essential to keep your skin hydrated. When it comes to dressing up for your job, where you have to keep foundation to the minimum, it helps to have clean, soft and supple skin. Use a good concealer to hide dark circles. Curl your lashes using an eyelash curler, as it makes you look alert and awake. To ensure that your lips are not chapped, use baby oil before you shower, then buff-exfoliate it with a towel, and follow it up with a lip balm.
Do’s and don’ts
- Keep the make-up neutral so that it is effective but not over the- top.
- Rose or apricot blush gives a natural glow.
- Navy blues, chocolate browns and greys are great colours for the eyes.
- When it comes to lipsticks, avoid certain colours like coral and fuchsia, as they make your teeth look yellow. Stay away from fluorescent colours, bright reds and orange.
- Focus on either eyes or lips, never both.
How to jazz up your look for any professional occasion.
A big presentation: Make sure to highlight just one of your features. Use a red lipstick to accentuate your lips, but keep the rest of the make-up to the bare minimum. If red is not your colour, then create a smoky eye effect to capture attention with your eyes.
A lunch meeting:A hint of blush will add freshness instantly. Next, outline and fill your lips with a neutral lip pencil. Follow it up with a creamy matte lipstick in the same shade. Keep eyes simple with just a thin line of eyeliner.
A dinner meeting: Draw a thicker line with eyeliner for added drama, both on the upper and lower inner rims of the eyes. Use a lipgloss to complete the look.