Summer is on its way, and with the sunshine promising to make an appearance we need to start planning garden parties and catch-ups with our nearest and dearest, make the most of the beautiful weather and throw an amazing summer party with these five super easy cocktail recipes!
#1 The Elderbubble
The Elderbubble is a dainty, sweet, elderflower cocktail made with vodka and elderflower cordial. Soak some thinly sliced cucumbers in vodka for a couple of minutes and add to this cocktail for a boozy British feel.
- Cucumber slices soaked in vodka
- 1 shot of your preferred vodka
- Elderflower cordial
- Prosecco, to top
- Mint for the garnish
- Pour a shot of vodka into a glass or champagne flute.
- Add a splash of Elderflower cordial and drop in your soaked cucumber slices.
- Fill up the glass or flute with prosecco and garnish with mint.
#2 Orange Blossom
This cocktail is perfect for hot weather, it’s both refreshing and zesty, and super easy to make in your kitchen!
- A shot of your preferred gin
- Lemon tonic water or lemonade
- A spoonful of orange blossom honey
- Orange peel, to garnish
- Drizzle a spoonful of honey into the bottom of a tall tumbler.
- Add your preferred gin to the honey and stir well to mix.
- Pour in lemon tonic water or lemonade to fill the glass.
- Add ice to keep the drink cool and garnish with orange peel.
#3 Strawberry Champagne
Adding strawberries to Champagne or Prosecco is a foolproof way to update a classic party drink, but this method requires a little preparation for delicious (and beautiful) results.
- A box of fresh strawberries (enough to get at least three handfuls)
- A bottle of Champagne or Prosecco
- First remove all the green tops of the strawberries, place them in a bowl and wash them thoroughly.
- Pour your freshly washed strawberries into a sieve and squash them with a spoon, catching the juice in a bowl underneath.
- Place the bowl of juice in the fridge for an hour, and then divide up into your champagne glasses.
- Spoon your strawberry juice into your Champagne flutes and pour in your Prosecco or Champagne, taking care to stir well with a small spoon.
#4 Cranberry Pimm’s
Being a British girl, I can’t have a summer party without Pimm’s, this cheeky twist to a summer classic will go down a treat with friends and family alike!
- Pimm’s no.1
- Your choice of gin
- Cranberry juice
- Mint leaves, to garnish
- Sliced lemon, to garnish
- Mixed berries, to garnish
- In a large jug pour in Pimm’s, gin and lemonade.
- Add ice, lemon, mint and mixed berries and stir well.
There you have it! Four delicious and delightful cocktails to impress your friends with this summer! What’s your favourite cocktail? Share it with us in the comments below and don’t forget to check us out on social media, we’re always hanging out on Pinterest, Twitter, Facebook and Bloglovin’ and can’t wait to see you there!