If there is one drink, next to ginger tea, that has become the favorite drink of most Career Girls in the office, it must be green tea. It is simple in taste but so healthy and the benefits that come with drinking this tea are amazing!
During this challenge we tried to replace all our unhealthy habits with new, healthy, delicious ones, we threw the fizzy drinks out and brought in different kinds of healthy teas instead.
So, what are exactly the health benefits of green tea? Here are 4 of them:
#1 – Compounds in green tea improve brain function
Perfect for ambitious girls like us! Green tea contains caffeine, and we all know that is a stimulant. It does not contain as much as coffee, but just enough for it to stimulate your brain and too little to experience the things that happen when you are on too much caffeine.
Green tea also contains L-theanine, which, in combination with caffeine, will improve your brain function.
#2 – Green tea increases fat burning
Drinking green tea will help to increase and stimulate your metabolism. If you need it or not, this makes that green tea increases fat burning. Most of us probably have searched for healthy fat burning supplements at least once in our lives, and green tea is always on this list.
#3 – Green tea kills bacteria and improves dental health
Some studies show that compounds in green tea kill bacteria and can prevent viruses like influenza.
Another benefit is that by drinking green tea you will kill streptococcus mutants, which is a pretty harmful bacteria in our mouth that causes plaque. Green tea is often associated with improving our dental health.
#4 – Increases physical performance
Another benefit which is very helpful for this challenge, drinking green tea also has an effect on your physical performance. Study shows that by drinking green tea, your performance will increase by 11/12%.
WORKOUT TIPS DAY 29
- Hoist yourself up onto a bench, chair or step as long as it is stable and secure to take your body weight.
- Hands should be shoulder-width apart, your fingers facing forward and the elbows pointing backward with a slight bend in the elbows.
- Legs out in front of you with a slight bend in the knees.
- In a slow motion, lower your body until your shoulder joints are below your elbows.
- Push yourself back up until your elbows are almost straight but make sure that you do not lock them out.
- Repeat 60x
- Get into the press-up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart and straight arms
- Your body should be in a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Lift your right foot off the floor and raise your knee as close to your chest as you can
- Return into the starting position and repeat with your left leg (repeat 60x)
- Stand up straight with your feet together and your hands down by your side.
- In one motion jump your feet out to the side and raise your arms above your head.
- Immediately reverse this motion by jumping back to the starting position.
- Repeat 60x