WEEK 4 IS HERE! Our last and final week has arrived and we are still working out every day and love living the healthy lifestyle. Just 8 more day until this challenge is officially over, these first weeks went incredibly fast.
We are determined to keep up this lifestyle after the challenge, so no more fast food lunched in the CGD HQs, only healthy food allowed.
After the weekend, it was time for me to detox, and while I was doing my research I found some other simple and effective ways to cleanse your body that I wanted to share with you:
#1 – Massage
One of my favourites in this list: get a massage! There is a reason why massage therapists always advise you to drink lots of water after a massage. Deep, muscle tissue focussed massages release toxins in the body and by drinking lots of water you make sure these toxins leave the body asap.
#2 – Sauna
Yes, a spa day! Going to the sauna is a good way to detox your body. You literally sweat the toxins out. This technique has been here for decades and is still massively underappreciated. In the sauna, your body is getting hotter, your blood flow increases which allow the toxins that are stored in body fat to get released.
#3 – Sleep
We love this one! While you are asleep the glymphatic system, your brains removal team, is 10 times more active than while you are asleep. Toxin proteins, that are linked to Alzheimer, grow while you are awake and will be immediately broken down by the glymphatic system, as soon as you close your eyes. So no more late-night Netflix, but going to bed on time to detox.
#4 – Eat clean
Simple and very clear: eat clean! With vegetables, it is wise to eat cruciferous veggies. Use each meal as a chance to ‘detox’. Eating the right food can help you to detox your body and eliminates problems as well.
#5 – Bath
A nice relaxing bath. Whenever you are sick or had a really busy week and feel exhausted take a detox bath. From Sea Salt Detox Bath till the a Ginger detox bath, with pure ingredients a lot is possible.
WORKOUT DAY 23 #CAREERGIRLCHALLENGE
- Place your hands on your hips, pull your shoulders back and stand tall
- Step forward with your right leg and slowly lower the body until your front knee is bent 90 degrees
- Make sure your back knee doesn’t touch the floor
- Push yourself back up to the starting position
- Repeat with the left leg
- Stand on the right foot with your knee slightly bent and place your left foot just behind your right ankle
- Lower your body into a squat position, your right arm should be out to the side and your left arm should be across your hips
- Hop onto your left foot by jumping off your right foot, bringing the right foot behind your left foot as you swing your arms to the left as well
- Repeat the motion to the right
Credit: Daily Burn & Bembu