Just one more day to go and the #CareerGirlChallenge is officially over. It has been a long journey that has had its ups and downs.
There are times that I did not feel like working out at all and my motivation was on a low. I could not get myself off the couch and, especially after a busy day or week, all I wanted to do is relax and be lazy.
If there is anything I learned from this challenge it would be that keeping yourself motivated is key (like with everything in life). So if you ever feel like not working out at all, here are 5 ways to boost your motivation to get your ass off the couch and go to the gym:
#1 – Formulate your specific goals
Nothing works without a plan. Write down your goals in the SMART method and hang it up somewhere in your house or room. Keep reminding yourself what you are working towards. This will help you to believe in your goals and to remember what you are doing it for.
#2 – Find a buddy
Working out with a buddy can be more fun (if you both are actually working out and not discussing all last weekend’s gossip!). When one of you does not feel like working out, the other one can motivate and help reminding the person why she started in the first place. You can see this as a support system and, hopefully, make your workouts even more fun.
#3 – Track your progress
Seeing how far you have come is one of the best motivation boosts there is ( with almost everything in life!). Tracking your progress is a trigger to keep you going and reach your next goal.
#4 – Vary your exercise routine
Always doing the same exercise can become a bit boring, so it is up to you to spice it up! It is always exciting to try something new, whether it is a new cardio workout or a new gym routine, you are the one who should make your workouts fun and effective.
#5 – Only look at the next workout
Instead of looking at it as ‘I have to workout 3x a week’, take it day by day. Constantly telling yourself you need to work out an x amount of times can become a bit overwhelming. Just say ‘I need to workout today’, and of course all those ‘single’ days that you workout during the week, will add up.
WORKOUT TIPS DAY 30
60 HIGH KNEES
- Stand straight with the feet hip-width apart, looking straight ahead and arms hanging down by your side.
- Jump from one foot to the other at the same time lifting your knees as high as possible
- Let your arms follow this motion
- Stand straight with your feet hip-width apart and your arms hanging down by your side
- Start to lower your body back as far as you can by pushing your hips back and bending your knees and pushing your body weight into your heels
- As you are lowering into the squat, raise out your arms in front of you for more balance
- Keep a neutral spine at all times and never let your knees go over your toes
- The lower body should be parallel with the floor and your chest should be lifted at all times not rounded.
- Pause for a second and then lift yourself back up into the starting position
60 FORWARD LUNGES
- Place your hands on your hips, pull your shoulders back and stand tall
- Step forward with your right leg and slowly lower the body until your front knee is bent 90 degrees
- Make sure your back knee doesn’t touch the floor
- Push yourself back up to the starting position
- Repeat with the left leg
Featured image: Istock
Credit: Built Lean – Uncommon Help