Do you always ponder what to have for lunch at the office? I do. I find it quite challenging to eat fresh, homemade lunches; it always means having to prep ahead or the night before.
I usually end up opting for a boring sandwich or a microwave meal, but with these mouth-watering lunch ideas, I think I’ll make the extra effort to whip up something homemade and healthy!
Ras El Hanout spiced chickpeas with feta, pine nuts, and parsley
2 Tbsp Ras el Hanout Spice Paste
1 Tbsp Olive oil
2 cups of chickpeas
2 Tbsp parsley, finely chopped
1. Preheat your oven to 210°C/ 410°F
2. Place chickpeas (either cooked or from a can) into a bowl
3. Mix together the Ras el Hanout spice paste and olive oil until well combined and stir through the chickpeas. Make sure the chickpeas are well coated in the spices.
4. Line a baking sheet with baking paper and spread the chickpeas out in a single layer.
5. Place in the oven for fifteen minutes before giving the pan a shake (or the chickpeas a stir) and place back into the oven for another 10 minutes.
6. Toast the pine nuts in a frying pan over a high heat until lightly toasted, make sure you move them around frequently to avoid burning!
7. Remove chickpeas from the oven and sprinkle over the parsley. Pour into a bowl and serve with crumbled feta and toasted pine nuts
A photo posted by Fish And The Lemon Tree (@fishandthelemontree) on
Roasted pumpkin and fennel salad with green beans and a poached egg
1 pumpkin, or butternut squash
1 bulb of fennel
1 clove of garlic, crushed
1 tablespoon olive oil
1. Preheat oven to 200°C.
2. Line a baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the pumpkin and fennel on the tray.
3. Drizzle with olive oil and toss with garlic, salt and pepper.
4. Roast, tossing regularly, for 30-35 minutes or until golden and tender.
5. Gently boil the green beans for 4 minutes and also poach the egg (in a separate pan)
6. Finish off with a sprinkle of parmesan and pepper
Avocado, pepper, hummus and sundried tomato wrap
Half an avocado
Tortilla wraps, wholemeal or white – take your pick
Half a red pepper, roasted or as it comes
2 tablespoons of hummus
Sun dried tomatoes (the ones in oil), if not then dried but soak in boiling water for two hours
A photo posted by Fledgling Blogger (@sosophey) on
Pomegranate and prosciutto salad
Buffalo mozzarella (optional)
Balsamic glaze or vinegar
A photo posted by @transform_with_tori on
Spinach and avocado salad with chicken sausage
A photo posted by Natasha Louise (@tashaaahh) on
Mango, beetroot and spinach salad with pesto and pine nut pasta and spiced chicken skewers
Half a small mango
(For the chicken skewers – 2 servings)
3 boneless and skinless chicken thighs, cubed
2 tbsp curry paste
100g (7oz) fat-free Greek-style yogurt
1. Combine the chicken, curry paste and 2 tbsp of the yogurt in a non-metallic bowl and set aside to marinate for 15 minutes
2. Thread the cubed chicken onto 4 skewers (if wooden soaked for 15 minutes). Put a griddle pan over a high heat until smoking hot.
3. Put the skewers on the griddle and cook for 6-8 minutes, turning every 2 minutes, or until cooked through and no pink meat remains
A photo posted by Amy | Pickles and Planks 🌿 (@picklesandplanks) on
Paprika and garlic chicken tenderloins with spinach fettuccine and grilled Mediterranean vegetables
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 small clove of garlic, crushed
1 tsp smoked or sweet paprika
Wedge of lemon
Mixed Italian herbs, dried
Salt + pepper to season
1. Preheat the oven at 200°C, add chopped red pepper, mushrooms and zucchini to a bowl with a small glug of olive oil, pinch of salt, pepper and sprinkle of Italian mixed herbs
2. Roast the vegetables at 200°C for about 15/20 minutes
3. Simmer the fettuccine for 10 minutes
4. Chop the chicken tenderloins into cubes, add one tablespoon of olive oil, a small clove of garlic and the paprika. Mix well
5. Add the chicken to a hot frying pan and fry for about 2/3 minutes each side or until all pink has gone
6. Drain the fettuccine, season with salt, pepper, lemon and maybe some parmesan!
Join The #Goalgang
P.S The Career Girl Daily App is now live! Download it now on iOS or Android!