Chocolate muffins can be healthy? Who knew! At CGD we know it’s hard to make space in your busy schedule to seek out exciting new recipes and have the time to try them out and make sure they’re tasty, so, we’ve decided to share some super quick, uber easy and delightfully healthy recipes with you each week from now on. All of the recipes will be simple so you can fit them into your schedule and are tried, tested and approved by the CGD team!
I had the pleasure of trying these absolutely delicious muffins over the weekend and just had to share the recipe with you! Enjoy!
- 2 Eggs
- 200grams Almond Flour
- 1teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/2teaspoon Salt
- 125ml Plant Milk of Choice
- 50grams Raw Cacao Powder
- 1tablespoon Vanilla Extract
- 200ml Coconut Blossom Syrup (Or Syrup of Choice)
- 100grams Chopped Dates
- 8 Fresh Strawberries
- Pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees (fan oven)
- Separate the egg whites from yolks. Whisk egg whites until they have stiff peaks.
- Mix together the almond flour, baking powder, salt and raw cacao in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl combine the egg yolks, syrup and vanilla extract.
- Combine the egg yolk mixture with the dry ingredients, then once mixed thoroughly, fold in the egg whites.
- Add chopped dates.
- Pour the mixture into 6 muffin cases.
- Add a strawberry to the centre of each muffin, ensuring it’s completely covered by muffin mix.
- Decorate the muffins by adding a slice of strawberry to the top.
- Bake for 25 minutes then remove from the oven to cool.
This recipe was sourced from the wonderful Honestly Healthy.