This beautiful little protein pot is super quick to make and tastes absolutely delicious. I first tried it a couple of years ago at my boyfriends parents house and have been hooked ever since! Now it does involve a good helping of feta cheese so isn’t something to be eaten everyday, but remember, your body needs fats and like most fats, feta is fine when eaten in moderation!
The recipe couldn’t be simpler, I bake individual pots for each person dining and serve with a little crunchy side salad or a lovely crusty piece of bread torn into rustic chunks for dipping. Making individual pots means you can chop and change the recipe to suit each persons diet – I’m a veggie so no ham or chorizo for me, but I would certainly add one or both for my friends!
Ingredients – per person
- 100g feta cheese
- 1 tblspn olive oil
- 2 free-range eggs
- 4 large slices red pointed pepper
- 1 slice beef tomato
- 1/2 spring onion
- 1/2 chopped chilli
- 1 pinch paprika
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat your oven to 160 degrees (fan oven)
- Add olive oil into the bottom of the pot.
- Slice your feta and create a base layer in your dish with half of the cheese.
- Place the tomato slice, half of your peppers and the sliced spring onions on top.
- Cover with the remaining feta.
- (meat eaters can add chopped ham, chunks of chorizo or both here)
- Lay remaining pepper slices on top and sprinkle on chopped chillies, place on the middle shelf of the oven for 15 minutes.
- Remove pot from the oven with gloves and crack the eggs on top of the bubbling mixture, sprinkle a pinch of paprika and season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Place back into the oven for a further 10 minutes or until eggs are cooked through, if you like a runny yolk then keep and eye out as they will harden quickly!
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for a couple of minutes – beware they will be very hot so please don’t burn your mouth!
This recipe is totally adaptable, you can add, remove or double up on any extra meat or veggies that take your fancy…it’s so easy to make and is sure to impress any dinner guest!