Bad days happen. A job interview that went bad, a broken laptop (that means everything to you), stepping in dog poop on the way to a date—yes that sucks. We can’t get rid of an annoying co-worker (sorry) or buy you a new laptop, but we do have some sweet suggestions for improving your mood a little..
14 Things To Do When You’re Having A Bad Day
1. Take a long relaxing bath. It can help you relax and reduce stress. Read our article: 9 steps to the ultimate relaxing bath
2. Watch your favourite tv series, Friends or SATC!
3. No one promised life would be perfect. “If you look for perfection, you’ll never be content.” -Leo Tolstoy
4. Watch a Disney movie. What better way to cheer up than to watch movie from your childhood.
5. Turn on some music and dance in your living room.
6. Smile. It has biological effects on your brain, helping you feel better. Smile with your whole face. Even if you don’t feel like it.
7. Take a walk. Exercise clears your mind and even increases those feel-good endorphins.
8. Have some chocolate. Dark chocolate helps your brain release endorphins and serotonin, an anti-depressant and reduces cortisol levels. Binging isn’t healthy no matter how bad your mood is, unfortunately.
9. Meditate for 15 minutes. It’s a great stress-relief technique, which makes it perfect on a bad day. Spend 15 minutes focusing on your breath.
10. Turn off your phone. Being constantly available stresses you out. So turn off your phone and read a book or meditate.
11. Write about what’s bothering you and then write something you are grateful for. This is a great way to release stress and anxiety since it helps you get things off your chest in a safe way.
12. Sniff certain scents. Inhaling the scent of orange or lavender can reduce anxiety and improve your mood.
13. Hang out with a pet. Cuddling, playing, or just chillin’ with your pet can help us feel happier and less stressed.
14. Call someone you love. We all have someone who can always cheer us up.
These are just a few ideas to turn a bad day around. What helps you get out of a funk when you’re feeling down?
Featured image: SATC 2