A lot of us are going on a well deserved holiday this month. But how to stay fit while you’re on vacation? Any time that you’re taking a flight or staying overnight in a hotel, it’s a struggle to stay on track. It’s not just the airline food or the room service that make things difficult either – your exercise routine is normally the first casualty of a long trip.
5 Tips For Staying Fit While On Vacation
#1 Plan your workouts
When you’re traveling, you really have to plan when, where and how you’re going to work out if you’re really going to make it happen. Put it on your calendar and set a reminder on your phone so that you don’t forget.
#2 Book a hotel with a gym if possible
See if you can find a hotel with exercise equipment available to guests. Most hotels have a gym of some sort or another. Alternatively, take an exercise DVD with you and do a quick workout in your room or go for a run on the beach!
# 3 Bring the stuff you need
If the hotel has a pool, take your swimsuit so you can get a quick cardio workout in before breakfast. Exercise bands are one of the handiest tools to bring – they’re easy to pack and they let you work out tough areas like biceps and shoulders without leaving your room. Also the obvious stuff – your sneakers and your workout gear. It’s hard to get started if you don’t have the right equipment.
#4 Work out in the mornings
The best time to exercise while traveling is usually in the mornings.
#5 Get your exercise in unconventional places
Instead of just watching the hours tick by waiting for a connection in the airport, use the time to get your body moving. Walk around the shops, or even set yourself the goal of walking from one end of the airport to the other (just don’t miss your connection!). Even better, skip the moving walkways when you land and take the chance walk from your gate. All of these short spurts of exercise will add up.
WORKOUT DAY 16
For the girls who have missed the previous articles, you can find the workout plan below. Tomorrow is day 16 and it’s time for a run. Check out our previous articles and try a relaxing yoga workout or have a relaxing bath!
– Drink a least six glasses of water a day(including lemon water)
– Drink three glasses of lemon water each day—one before breakfast, one before lunch, and one before dinner. It will detox your body and help you to feel full and not overeat during each meal.
– Start your day mindfully, start with a 5-minute morning meditation
– If you want to sweeten up you food try a healthier option like stevia or honey. Why? Read this article
– You can follow our meal plan or select your own recipes in case you’re a vegetarian. Try to eat 5 times a day. 2 snacks and 3 meals( breakfast, lunch and dinner)
– If you want to cheat once a week, go ahead, and enjoy it without guilt. Just make sure it doesn’t happen every day.
Workout In Style
Remember why you are following this challenge. To become a healthier, happier and stronger you. Let’s see how we feel after 30 days! See you tomorrow with update 14 and more tips!