How Chiara Ferragni Became A Top Style Blogger in Just 5 Years

How Chiara Ferragni Became A Top Style Blogger in Just 5 Years
The Blonde Salad

Six million euros annual turnovers! 4.1 million Instagram followers. In only five years, the Italian law student Chiara Ferragni built a fashion empire with her blog The Blonde Salad and made herself a star. What a Career Girl!

Different from other It-Girls, Chiara’s success isn’t built on family wealth, her success is built on discipline and having a clear goal in sight. Chiara earns 30% of the six million annual turnovers of her blog, advertisement and cooperations. The other 70% she makes with her own shoe collection, that is constantly growing. Just last week Chiara visited Cologne, Germany to open another Pop-up store.

She turned her blog into a business by always staying true to herself. If Chiara likes a picture she will post it, even though everybody else says it horrible. This is what makes her so unique and loves by her fans. Before she made her own website she uploaded her looks on Flickr and and got a lot of positive feedback on there. That was the time she decided to open up her own website in 2009 and turn it into a business. Most bloggers didn’t intend to start their blogs as a business, but Chiara did, she tried to be as professional as possible right from the beginning – another reason why she made it so far in just five years.

In her opinion, her team was and is one of the most important reasons why she is so successful. First her team consisted of close friends only. Her ex-boyfriend is the co-founder and always gave her the best advice. After he finished University he started to work for Chiara. After that, they employed one of Chiara’s best friends. At a certain point, they started employing people who were their friends. A year ago the blonde salad team consisted of 8 people, now they  already have 14 and are currently all together on vacation in Mykonos. And all of them are under 30!

Her success leads her to LA more and more often and she actually bought a house there. Her new boyfriend, the photographer Andrew Arthur, lives there as well. Chiara continues to stick to her European chic style obviously adjusting it to the LA casual.

“The blonde salad is much more than a blog today, it is a real source of inspiration.”

You can see that just by clicking on the website and I couldn’t agree more with it. Personally Chiara inspired me to pursue my dreams and do what I love which is writing and fashion blogging. And look I am doing both. Thank you, Chiara, for inspiring so many girls all around the world!

By Benita Ilgenstein


  1. First of all, Chiara Ferragni’s family is wealthy. She’s not rich like Poppy Delevingne or Olivia Palermo but she’s really wealthy.
    At the beginning she used to post some tacky photos of her.
    She declares to earn millions but some could say it’s not completely true. When she and Pozzoli made this statement a lot of magazines and websites talked about it. Very good p.r. and press office job, I admit.
    When she started she said that she loves animals and was against real furs, now that brands like Fendi and Cavalli pay her she wears a lot of real furs.
    She has 4.1 millions of followers on Instagram and most of them are fake, you can easily notice. The following increases but the likes don’t.
    Her awful style is not european at all!!
    Said that, I admit that behind her there has been a lot of work by her ex boyfriend and her team.

  2. That is why I love her. She is true to herself, and sometimes I read the hateful comments people leave under her posts, but she keeps moving forward. One of my favourite bloggers

  3. This is so interesting to read, especially starting out with a new blog and trying to gain readers! I love seeing success stories.

    Blue Eyed Adventurer

  4. When I heard about her she was famous but she still had her own style, wore HM, Zara and designers clothes. Now she’s a living advertising and her style keeps on worsening.

  5. I don’t agree with the comments of her wearing Zara back then and now she is a living advertisement…Well of course, she gets a lot of her looks sponsored, but she wears them also because she is a fashionista and she likes them! Anyone who has a fashion blog worships sartorial goodness and if she gets it for free, of course she will wear it. Anybody would!

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By :