Being a career girl has it tolls. When I read through the comments, it seems that a lot of us are struggling to find a proper balance between our career and social life. The last thing you want to think about when you’re tired in the evening or when you finally have a day off is cleaning. Some of us are lucky and can hire a cleaning service, but most of us can’t or don’t want to pay someone else to regularly clean our houses. So what to do? Is it possible to have a busy life and a clean house? We found the perfect solution. Read further If you would like to know!
If you’re reading this post, it could be that your life is full and your time is tight. Your job requires you to work long hours, you and your partner haven’t had a relaxing night together for a long time. You’ve forgotten what your friends look like and your favorite takeaway is on speed dial. Well, let me tell you ladies, welcome to my life.
But it’s time to change all of this. Planning is key! As a busy woman, it’s important that you manage your time effectively. Our time is precious so we should make most of it. With cleaning this means learn how to speed clean! Speed cleaning is not racing around your house and cleaning very fast. No, instead, speed cleaning is about cleaning intelligently, efficiently, and systematically.Ladies, let’s talk about tidying up. Between work, school, and a social life, who has time to really clean house? Trying to tackle the unfolded laundry, vacuuming, dishes, and clutter can seem so daunting. Here are a few tips to get the job done without having to dedicate an entire day
Here are a few tips to get the job done without having to dedicate an entire day…
1. Constantly Clean
– During busy mornings, afternoons, and nights, try cleaning as you go. If you’re headed to the kitchen to grab a snack, pick up any leftover mugs or dishes in other rooms on your way.
– While waiting for your food to cook, wipe down the counters and put away any clean plates and bowls.
– After your shower, take a few minutes to dry off the walls and floors. The steam from the shower will help with the clean up and this prevents mold from growing around the room.
– Put makeup and hair accessories back where they came from during your morning get-ready routine. This will keep a clutter of cosmetics from growing out of hand and when you get home from work at the end of the day, things will be relatively where they began before you woke up.
2. One Room at a Time
– If you have a bit more time to sparkle up your space, tackle one room at a time to compartmentalize the chore. Start in the bathroom and kitchen, since these rooms tend to get dirty the quickest. Take a few minutes to wipe down countertops, stovetops, sinks/showers, and take a damp cloth or paper towel to the floor for a quick mop up.
– Hit the bedroom next, folding any out-of-place articles of clothing, tidying up makeup and jewelry spaces, and throwing away any unneeded trash that may be covering desks or side tables. Also, always try to make the bed! Having a freshly-made bed will instantly reduce stress when you enter the bedroom, help you feel more at peace, and make the entire room look put together.
– Lastly, look over the living room/dining room/hallways. Again, throw away any receipts, junk mail, tags, or papers that you don’t want to keep (paper clutter can cause more of a mess than anything during the week!). Straighten out the furniture and rugs. If you have time, hit all the carpets with a vacuum cleaner and dust around any electronics and bookshelves.
3. One Weekend a Month
– If you are super busy and really can’t get a good regular cleaning in, give yourself the chance to dedicate an entire weekend per month to deep clean your home. Ask for help from friends or family if needed and turn it into a group project/party by playing music and providing a few snacks while everyone conquers the chaos that is your house.
Cleaning can feel like such a challenge when life is constantly whirling you in every direction, but having a fresh and organized place to come home to will inevitably make you feel more cool and calm in every aspect in your life. Whether it’s simply washing a few dishes in the morning or fitting in one load of laundry before bed, every little bit counts!
What are some cleaning tips that you use in the midst of your busy schedules?
How do you manage to keep your house clean while you busy with work. Let me know I would love to know your tips and tricks!