The CGD became obsessed with Lemon water during this #careergirlchallenge. Week 3 is almost over, which means the 2 more days until we start at our fourth and final week of this challenge. One of rules during this challenge was drinking Lemon water instead of fizzy drink, and with this hot weather, it was a good rule to have.
Today was another hot day in London, which was mostly spent eating strawberries and working on CGD in the garden.
Drinking lemon water is more popular than ever, which is a good thing, since it has a lot of health benefits. Lemon water is definitely a good and refreshing drink for these hot Summer days.
In case you didn’t follow the ‘hype’ yet, we hope to convince you, here are 5 reasons why lemon water is good for you.
#1 – Detoxes the body
Warm water with lemon helps to flush out the toxins of your body by stimulating the cleansing process of the liver. It is a really good and natural way of detoxing which you can easily do on a busy day.
#2 – Helps the metabolism
Drinking lemon water not only helps to relieve symptoms of indigestion (e.g. burping and bloating), it also encourages a healthy digestion by loosening toxins. It stimulates your metabolism which is, in case you would like to lose some weight, a healthy and natural way.
#3 – Boasts the immune system
Lemon water is full of vitamin C, which is a vitamin that boosts our immune system and is good for your bones, skin, oral health and veins. If you are having a cold, Lemon is the ‘wonder’ ingredient to use to quickly get rid of it.
#4 – Good for the skin
Lemon water is the perfect natural beauty ingredient and also really good for the skin. If you take it daily, it prevents wrinkles (not that we need to prevent them perse) and it keeps the skin young.
#5 – Good for your breath
Another good reason to drink lemon water is that it is good for your breath and oral health. It helps relieve toothache and gum infection.
WORKOUT DAY 19 #CAREERGIRLCHALLENGE
- Start in the press-up position.
- Bend your elbows and rest your weight onto your forearms and make sure it is not on your hands.
- Your body should be in a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles.
- To engage your core, suck your belly button into your spine.
- Hold this position for 90 seconds.
- Hoist yourself up onto a bench, chair or step as long as it is stable and secure to take your body weight.
- Hands should be shoulder-width apart, your fingers facing forward and the elbows pointing backward with a slight bend in the elbows.
- Legs out in front of you with a slight bend in the knees.
- In a slow motion, lower your body until your shoulder joints are below your elbows.
- Push yourself back up until your elbows are almost straight but make sure that you do not lock them out.
- Get into the press-up position so your hands are directly under your chest at shoulder width apart and straight arms
- Your body should be in a straight line from your shoulders to your ankles
- Lift your right foot off the floor and raise your knee as close to your chest as you can
- Return into the starting position and repeat with your left leg (repeat 40x)
Enjoy the rest of your weekend girls and see you tomorrow!